Team [Poke]Bronies
Please Register... Remember, become a Active Member for at least 5 Days, and You get a Shiny Pokemon of Your choice!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Team [Poke]Bronies
Please Register... Remember, become a Active Member for at least 5 Days, and You get a Shiny Pokemon of Your choice!
Team [Poke]Bronies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team [Poke]Bronies

Teh Forumz

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Great and Powerful Journey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Great and Powerful Journey Empty The Great and Powerful Journey Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:23 am

Dragonspenc

Dragonspenc
...Death
...Death

The Great and Powerful Journey

By Erlenmeyer

Chapter 1: A Nice Day in Hoovesdale

Everypony in Hoovesdale was enjoying a nice summer day. The farmers were out bringing in their summer crops that they had just planted in the spring and taking care of the plants that still needed to mature. The little Fillies were just let out of their school and were running around with joy, chasing each other around playing tag and other games in the warmth of the summer, when she walked into town.

A distinct blue pony with a hat and cape strolled into the joyful town. Fighting back the urge to make an entrance in front of everypony, she slowly trotted around the town. She had the look of an out of place pony as she walked by the small, but many buildings until she found the one she was looking for. As she entered, she still fought back another urge, “No” she said to herself, “You are here on urgent business, a flock of admirers would only delay you”. Finding the table she was looking for, she walked up to hear a distinct accent call out to her.

“Well if it ain’t The Great and Powerful Trixie, You were the one who replied to dat letter right?” said a brown pony by the name of Uncle Sam. “Say, do you know the famous apple farmer of Ponyville who helped saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon? Cause I dang eard you were in Ponyville awhile ago and if you went dere you musta seen her.”, he said, leaning closer as if Trixie would whisper the answer.

“Yeah, that pony… What was her name..? Uhhhh what was it; the names of small ponies always escape me. BappleTack?” said Trixie as she looked at Twilight Sparkle’s picture from a news clipping. Twilight was the only one Trixie could care to remember from Ponyville, the grudge she held against Twilight itched at her mind while she slept. One day she would return to Ponyville and rub the fact that she really did defeat an Ursa Major in Twilight’s face. Now, she had info on where one was, permission from the mayor to deal with it, and now she might as well have a person willing to lead her to it. “So the letter said you could lead me to the cave of the Ursa Major that needs to be slain?”

“Well yes, yes I can lead you to this cave due to it bein’ so close to my farm, I just ask one little thing in return; that you let me fight beside you against the Ursa Major. I promise I won’t get in your way.” said Uncle Sam as he tried to keep up with Trixie who was already running out the front door.

“No, out of the question” said Trixie as she tried not to look around. She knew that it would be difficult to find the cave in which the Ursa Major resided, even more so to traverse the cave without getting lost. Even though she regretted every word that came out of her mouth she agreed to letting the earth pony come with her into battle. “If we are to go into battle we will need to get you a weapon, something like a sword. I doubt you earth ponies could do the damage I could with my magic.” She knew that her magic wasn’t strong enough by itself to defeat the Ursa Major, which is why she had spent the time with one of the last remaining magical sword smith ponies. With the new sword she had in her bag, she could have a chance to defeat the Ursa Major, but it would not be such an easy fight.

“Well here, come back to my farm and we’ll rest up. Then, bright and early, we’ll go out to find ourselves a sword smith.” said Uncle Sam as he and Trixie went off to his farm, the sun lowering in the distance. Slowly, the shouts of fillies playing were replaced with the sound of night and it’s creatures as Trixie fell asleep, gazing softly at the picture of Twilight Sparkle she carried around with her where ever she went. A reminder to Trixie of why she was on this quest in the first place; what she was working for this whole time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: Everypony Knows Me!

Trixie had awoken hours earlier than she normally does. Everypony on the farm was either out working on the crops or getting the crops ready to be sent out to the local bakery. “Well tarnations!” said Uncle Sam as he entered the barn in which Trixie had just spent one of the worst sleeps of her life in. As Trixie walked out of the barn, she realized how early Uncle Sam had woken her up. Yet for some reason, everypony else was up and working. “Farmers... They are always up so early!” shouted Trixie as she walked beside Uncle Sam.

“Saam! Sammyy!” cried out a voice as they walked up to the house. Trixie turned her head to see a little brown filly running up to Uncle Sam. The little filly jumped with excitement asking to get upon Uncle Sam’s back. Uncle Sam picked up the little filly and put her on his back as he and Trixie continued to walk up to the travel bags that Uncle Sam had prepared for their journey. “So this is The Great and Powerful Trixie huh?” said the filly as she stared at Trixie. “I heard that you were proven a fake in some other town and nopony thinks you are great and powerful anymore.” Trixie looked at the filly with anger; who was this little filly to judge her, the one and only Great and Powerful Trixie? Even though she did lie about defeating an Ursa Major, who was she to say that Trixie was not still great and powerful?

“Now now Daughter Jenny, what have I told you bout being nice to our guests?” asked Uncle Sam. “Yes Sammy I know I should be more polite. I am sorry Miss Trixie.” Trixie looked away from the two; she had no time to accept apologies from such insignificant ponies. After picking up their packs and getting them set, Trixie and Uncle Sam stood at the edge of the farm. All of the relatives were there to see them off. The especially active Daughter Jenny was jumping around, preparing for school and promised Uncle Sam that they would write to one another as she ran off. Trixie and Uncle Sam turned to the road and walked off to their first destination, a place known as Manticore’s pass.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After picking up some more supplies for the road, the two set of to reach Manticore’s pass. Manticore’s pass was home to one of the best sword smith ponies in the whole land of Equestria. In fact, to Trixie’s surprise, once at Manticore’s pass they could take a path that would lead them right to the Ursa Major. As the two passed the last store, they ran into a white pegasus. Trixie stopped as the pegasus walked near her. Trixie stood with a smug look on her face as the pegasus walked right beside her and kept on walking. “Umm excuse me,” said Trixie as she turned around to face the white pegasus. “Do you know who I am?” said Trixie, finally tired of not being noticed in this dust town. What she did not know is that this white pegasus had just been tasked with welcoming all new ponies to Hoovesdale by the mayor. This was because she was no good at doing anything really, in between being shy and always making mistakes, this is way she failed at almost everything she was tasked with. Now, there was this unicorn who seemed to be really important, looking at her with a very annoyed face. “I am the greatest unicorn in Equestria...! The one who is going to defeat an Ursa Major...! The one and only, Great and Powerful Trixie!” Trixie stood in disbelief, how could somepony never hear of The Great and Powerful Trixie before?
“I-I-I am so sorry ma’am, umm wel-welcome to Hoovesdale. Would you umm li-like me to show you arou-”
“How have you not heard of me? Trixie! Besides, I was just about to leave this dust town! This place has no taste in celebrities!” shouted Trixie as she started to leave the town with Uncle Sam by her side. The white pegasus flew off, crying in the background, knowing the mayor was going to hate her after letting a celebrity walk out of Hoovesdale with a bad impression of the town.

Chapter 3:
As Trixie and Uncle Sam walked together Trixie noticed something odd about the earth pony. The fact that she had not noticed made her shocked even more. Uncle Sam had the same color hair mane as his body, and his cutie mark was just a normal pear. In fact, the earth pony had nothing that stood out about him at all. It was almost as if, he could just slip into the crowd, just waiting to announce him self. But the weirdest thing is he was the exact opposite of Trixie. Where Trixie stood out, he fit in. Why were such polar opposite ponies trying to accomplish the same thing. Then just ask Trixie was about to ask why Uncle Sam let out a sigh an said “I bet you are wonderin, why a lowly earth pony like me, would want to go a slay a Ursa Major. The truth is I do not really what to go fight a Ursa Major, I am afraid to see what the Ursa Major will be like. But I have to get the money reward for killing he Ursa Major. Daughter Jenny wants to go to school in Canterlot, she had always wanted to be a musican; a job she can’t learn in a small farm town like Hoovesdale. I just love her so much that I feel like it my job to give her the world.” Trixie continued walking with her eyes closed after releasing a long drawn breath.

2The Great and Powerful Journey Empty FYI Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 am

Dragonspenc

Dragonspenc
...Death
...Death

I will update the story from there until then enjoy the story and criticism and advice is welcomed. Your loving neighborhood weirdo Spenc.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum